Capo tuner is an important tool to play guitar just like what you are expected. On the same time, finding the best tuner is tricky. To choose the best one, you should know the different types of capo tuner as well as advantages and disadvantages.
4 Types of Capo Tuners
There are at least 4 different types of guitar capo tuners you can choose.
- The first tuner is known as standard tuner. As a standard capo tuner, it comes with old fashioned design which is a black box. You may choose a chromatic or non chromatic standard tuner. The sound is registered by using built in microphone for acoustic guitar and input jack for electric guitar.
- You can also choose the second tuner known as clip on tuner. This tuner is easy to attach to the guitar headstock. It is easy to carry this tuner due to its compact design. Clip on tuner registers sound through vibration anytime you strum the guitar strings.
- The third tuner is pedal tuner. The design might be similar to old fashioned tuner, but it offers better performance and features. Pedal tuner is a good option if you have to tune your guitar in front of the crowd.
- The last type of tuner is polyphonic tuner which considered as the newest tuner. The design is modern along with several up to date features and functions which you don’t get from old fashioned tuners.
The Advantages and Disadvantages of Capo Tuner
If you still get confused about which one of capo tuner you have to use, you may understand the advantages and disadvantages of each types of tuners.
- For example, if you only have limited money to invest, you may use standard tuner. By spending limited amount of money, you still get useful functions so you can tune your favorite guitar just like what you want. The problem is that you still have to hear noise. Sometimes is is harder to tune for the best result.
- For those want to find an easy to attach tuner, you may choose clip on tuner. Clip on tuner is not only an easy to attach but also compact enough. Therefore it is flexible enough for daily usage, especially if you have to deal with tight daily performance schedule. You don’t need to think about the noisy sound and keep tuning your favorite guitar. The issue is on its limited functions and features which make guitarists look like an unprofessional guitarist.
- Pedal tuner is also an easy capo tuner you can choose. Guitarists love to use pedal tuner due to its high precision even in noisy area. Many professional guitarists commonly use pedal tuner due to its great features. The main problem is that you can only use pedal tuner for electrical guitars including electrical acoustic guitar. The price is also expensive than the other tuners.
- As a new tuner, polyphonic tuner offers modern design along with complete features. Guitar tuning process will be much easier with this capo tuner. Definitely, this capo tuner is only for electrical guitars. The technology used in polyphonic capo tuner makes the price more expensive than those 3 tuners above.