You should add guitar effects pedals to improve your performance. Some of you might think that it is not necessary to use guitar effect pedal. Find out below, to decide whether you need to use this tool or not, as well as the benefits of using it.
What Guitar Effects Pedal Is
Probably, you are asking about what guitar effects pedal is especially if you are just starting up to play guitar. Actually, guitar effect pedal is an electronic device to set the sound of your guitar. By using this tool, you are able to set the tone, pitch, and sound of your electric guitar. There are several types of guitar effect pedals such as stompboxes, rackmounts, built in units, multi effects and tabletop units. You may take stompboxes if you want to use a compact and less expensive guitar effect pedal. On the other hand, if you want to get more function from the effect, you can just take rackmounts. Just make sure that you take the right guitar effect pedal to perform perfectly in your live performance.
Why You Need to Use Guitar Effects Pedals
So, why do you have to use guitar effects pedals in your performance? The reason is various and you can learn from the type of effect pedal.
- Let say, you want to distort, add volume, and crunch, and sustain the sound of the guitar. If it is so, you need to have a distortion guitar effect pedal. The point of using a distortion guitar effect pedal is to create contrast sound instead of the normal sound. Sometimes, you need this contrast sound when playing the chorus of the songs.
- On the other hand, sometimes you want to create echo effect while playing your guitar. You just take reverb effect pedal to meet your need. This effect pedal is also useful to create additional weight on guitar sound. The sound created from reverb effect pedal is similar to the sound in a cave.
- Do you want to improve the adrenaline of the listeners by creating noisy sound from your guitar? Just use wah effect pedals. Commonly, this guitar effect pedal is used for rock and funk solo guitarist. Some of Jimi Hendrix’s songs show the effect of using wah effect pedal.
- Overdrive guitar effect pedal is also a good option if you want to distort or to make the sound heavier and thicker than the normal sound.
- Even, you can also create delay effect in your guitar performance by using delay guitar effect pedal.
- There is also a time that you want to get high volume without creating distortion. You can also do it simply by using boost effect pedal. The function of this guitar effect pedal is to increase the strength of the signal so it boosts the volume without creating distortion.
- Uniquely, you are able to create different type of sound which commonly can only be done with specific guitars by using one guitar only. The secret is by using chorus effect pedal. This pedal is designed for those who want to show guitar skill in every performance.
Check this out, on different types of effect pedals, all in one video!
And check this cool video, how effect pedals help to change how your play guitar!
Hopefully you can find that you can do something more with your electric guitar with this effect pedal. In fact, you can be more creative with those pedals. The key is choosing the best guitar effects pedals based on the music you want to play.